Saturday, January 19, 2013

Design Board / Cubscout's Nursery

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
~ Saint Augustine


I have long loved the idea of a travel inspired theme for a baby's nursery. We originally thought Cubscout was a he, and daydreamed of trains, planes, and automobiles along with maps. I scoured Etsy for hours on end, favoriting every cool
 typographic print and all kinds of things made with maps. Then we found out Cubscout was a she, and we couldn't have been happier!!! We both secretly wanted a daughter. I then turned my focus to San Francisco, New York City, and hot air balloons.

Like many of you, my life has been highly influence by my travels  abroad. Some of my favorite childhood memories include walking to the German bakery just outside of our military base housing to buy sunflower bread with my mother and little sister. I can still remember the smell of the wood oven and rich yeast aroma wafting through the tiny bakery. Another is of the five of us hopping in the car on a Saturday and driving to a castle for some exploration. One castle had a life-sized chess board on the grounds. My brother would pretend to be a knight, and I, of course, was the queen. We had no idea how to play chess, but the moment was magical. I want Cubscout to have a desire to travel the world, live abroad {We hope to again one day!}, and understand that no matter who you are or where you live, we are really all the same.

I love designing nursery's and children's room {I'm working on a little girl's room right now.}. Below is the design board I created for Cub's room and pictures of the final product. It's a happy room for a happy girl!







Crib: Ikea / Bumper: Land of Nod / Balloons: Etsy / Prints: Etsy / Curtains: Target
Bookshelves and Spice Rack : Ikea / Under Bed Storage box: Ikea / Floor Lamp: Ikea










Do you have an idea for your nursery or child's room, but have no idea where to start or how to put it all together? Send me an email. I would love to help!






5 comments:

  1. Love everything about this room, so whimsical and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christa! I can't wait to see baby girl N's nursery when you finish it :)

      Delete
  2. We use those Ikea spice racks as bookshelves too. This room is lovely!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! The spice racks are pretty handy, aren't they? It's a nice inexpensive fix.

      Delete
  3. Love the spice racks as bookshelves. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...