Tuesday, February 5, 2013

49er Gold Nuggets

We are big San Francisco 49er fans! Needless to say, this was a big weekend for our house and a sad one, too (Can't believe we lost!). I made two fun dishes for the party as my ode to the gold country: Gold Nugget Rice Crispy Treats and Cornish Pasties (I'm still perfecting this recipe. I will post it later.).

I found this cute recipe for "Christmas coal" rice crispy treats on Pinterest, and it inspired me to make gold rice crispy nuggets for the party. They turned out really cute!

Good Tip / These would be a great treat for a kid's pirate or St. Paddy's Day themed party.



Rice Crispy Golden Nuggets
(Adapted from Big Red Kitchen)

4 cups Rice Cereal
1/4 cup Butter
10 oz. Bag Mini Marshmallows
Yellow & Red Food Coloring

In a large pot melt butter and add marshmallows. Stir until melted and then add yellow and red color until you get the desired golden color. Mix well. Add rice cereal and stir until blended.

Scoop small spoonfuls of the mix into your hand and shape into a rough nugget shape. Be sure they are in odd shapes. I sprayed my hands with Pam so they wouldn't stick to the marshmallow (It's messy if you skip this step!). You might have to do this every third or fourth nugget you make.

Lay them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and cool for 20 mins. Depending on how big you make your nuggets, this recipe makes between 20-30 nuggets. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...