Friday, April 12, 2013

Sweet Pink Polka Dot Room

I recently had the pleasure of helping the sweetest three year old design her room. Brian and I met her parents, Cari and Brad, in our birthing classes last year, and we became fast friends. They bought a gorgeous home built in the 1940s and asked me if I would help them design a few rooms. I was so touched that they asked for my help. To help Linnea feel safe and comfortable in her new house, we started with her room.

Linnea had her heart set on pink polka dots all over her room. Of course she did! What three year old girl doesn't love pink and polka dots?! Cari had already purchased a beautiful and colorful Amy Butler comforter and sham set, so that set the tone for our pink and teal polk dot surprise. Here are photos and details of the room.


We painted all four walls a soft pink to brighten the room.

Paint Colors
Light Pink {Whole Room + Polka Dots} - "Pink Kiss" by Valspar
Darker Pink {Around Polka Dots} - "Tea Rose" by Valspar

Curtains / World Market
Comforter Set / BedBath&Beyond, Amy Butler
Bookshelf / Ikea
Chandelier & antique bed are family heirlooms.


I have been waiting to use this nightstand by Land of Nod in a little girls room! Bonus: We found it on sale the week we ordered it! It gave this room a nice pop of color, and the spindles reflect the antique nature of the bed and dresser.



Cari and I painted the whole room light pink and then added glitter to the paint for the dots. The dots shimmer in the sunlight - so pretty and fun! Polka dot paint tutorial to come!!!


I found this print at HomeGoods. They are great "rules" for a little girl to learn and live by.


Pink striped rug can be purchased at Land of Nod. The stripes help to elongate the room and bring a nice pop of color to Linnea's play area. I found the rocking chair at GoodWill for $9. The spindles on the chair are similar to the spindles on the nightstand.

Tubs / Target {Not available online.}

Thanks so much to Cari, Brad and Linnea for inviting me into their home!

If you have a room you would like help designing, send me an email. I'd love to help.

{SHARED WITH}


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christy! You have a great blog. Love your tea towels!!! Might just have to get myself your teal towel for my kitchen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...