Sunday, January 13, 2013

How to Roast Beets in 4 Easy Steps

During my pregnancy, I discovered my love for beets. Perhaps it was a funky pregnancy craving, but it is one that stuck with me after my darling little dumpling came along. I tried them first in a salad at a restaurant and then bought some at the local farmers' market in hopes to recreate the salad. They are so easy to make and really a nutritious addition to our diet. Check out my recipe, Persimmon, Beet & Blood Orange Salad, to see how you can incorporate them into your next meal.

One / Cut the leaves off the top of the beet. Keep the leaves. They are a great addition to salads or lightly sauteed with onion and garlic.



Two / Wash the dirt off the beets and peel the skin off with a pairing knife. Quarter them.

Three / In a bowl, toss with a little extra virgin olive oil and lay them on a cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.























Four / Roast them at 400F for 18-20 minutes or until fork tender. Voila!

If you get up the courage to try beets, send me a photo on Facebook of how you use them. Feel free to share your recipes with us there, too!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...