Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chalkboard Walls

I've been following the blog 6th Street Design School written by Kirsten Krason, a Salt Lake City based interior designer, for a couple years. I love her design aesthetic and was surprised to hear she recently painted her home office walls black. Her old office was colorful, bright, and fresh – definitely a room in which I would love to work. But, I think painting a whole room black is daring and super chic. Black and white is my all time favorite combination for both my wardrobe and a room. It's classic. It will never be out of style, and black provides a great base for accenting colors. I can't wait to see how she pulls it all together.

We actually have a wall painted black in our kitchen/living room. When we were choosing appliances for our condo, we had to find the smallest french door refrigerator to fit into the space allotted for a fridge. At first we thought about knocking down part of the wall in the kitchen to fit a larger fridge, but then we reached into our pockets and found only a few pennies left {Whomp, whomp...}. So, we bought the smaller fridge and embraced the wall.

Thinking about our future and having a child, we thought it would be fun to have a magnetic chalkboard wall on which we could draw pictures, teach our little one how to write the alphabet, and leave fun messages to each other. Here's a photo of our wall.

Third&Patterson Blog

Tip // If you want to paint a wall with magnetic paint, make sure you sand your wall to a smooth finish. Otherwise, regular and heavier magnets will not stick. We learned this the hard way. We use very strong magnets and make sure they are high up where Cubscout cannot reach them. Magnets and babies do not mix.

I've been building a Pinterest board of chalkboard walls. Here are some of my faves that I've found.


Via


Via


Via

 
Via


Via


Via


Via


Via


Via


Via





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...