Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Teddy Bear Picnic 1st Birthday

Cubscout turned 1 on June 5th! We had a great time celebrating the day with my parents and in-laws and then threw her a fun Teddy Bear Picnic themed birthday party the following Saturday. We chose a bear theme because we called her Cubscout while she was occupying my belly. Her nickname came as a result of a combination of nicknames that Brian calls me – Scout and Mama Bear. She's my cub-scout. Get it?

Below is her beautiful invitation created by Beehive21 Design {Angela, the designer/owner, is a very good friend of ours. Her work is all custom and so gorgeous!}. If I blurred out Cubscout's name, it would totally ruin the design, so I guess I will reveal Cub's name today {But she will always be Cubscout on this site from now on.}. Her name is Isla {Pronounced EYE-lah – It's Scottish.}. We call her Isla Bear mostly :-)


I found these pink gingham and rose platters at Ikea, and that set the color scheme and pattern for the party. They also had matching napkins. Here are photos of our tables and decor:

We displayed Brian's childhood book, The Teddy Bears' Picnic, which inspired our party.

I had extra green gingham fabric. My mom cut the rough edges off with pinking
shears, and we laid them across the short side of the table like runners.

We also had a "guess how many gummy bears are in the jar" game.
We used one mason jar for the bears and one for the guesses.

I found the pink 1st birthday bear on the right at Party City.
Guests signed the bear. It's a nice keepsake from the day.




My mom, sister and I made the bear ears! It was so much fun to do, and really cute
seeing everyone wearing the ears. I will post a DIY tutorial in the coming week.

We opened the book to the page that has the quote above.


Happy birthday, Cubscout! We love you so much! XXOOXX

DIY tutorial coming soon!!


We offered three types of Sandwiches:
Smokey's Roast Beef & Brie with Creamy Horseradish
Corduroy's Caprese
Paddington's Pear, Prosciutto, & Blue Cheese

BIG thanks to my parents for making these while we entertained!!! XO

Stationery by Beehive21

Watermelon cut into bear shapes.

My mom, sister and I made shortbread cookies in the shape of bears for thank you's.
Tags were designed by Beehive21.

Thanks to my sister Kait for helping me with this adorable bear cake!! LOVE YOU!



In lieu of gifts, we asked that our guests bring a teddy bear to donate to the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital.
It's never too early to teach charity!

Cubscout is wearing the dress I wore on my first birthday 31 years ago!


****I am so excited to announce that PartyPail.com has awarded me their "Best Decorations" award for this Teddy Bear Picnic birthday party! Thank you so much, PartyPail.com!!!



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and memorable birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE all your teddy bear picnic theme details especially the adorable bear ears and teddy donation! Thank you for the Beehive love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...